Followers and Blog Networks

Share any directions, blog linkups or other free blogging tools.
Elfwink

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:39 am

Firstly, I'm curious, what widgets are people using to display a number of people who follow their blog?

Secondly, what blog networks are you on? I was on Blogloving, but I couldn't find any blogs that suited my interests. Also, I've just started out with Blog Matter. Would there be any blog networks out there that suit nerdy people like me?
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Kalliste

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:20 am

I also use bloglovin. I don't use too many networks to find new blogs and usually just look at the blogs of people who are commenting on blogs I like. That was I hopefully start reading new blogs that interest me.

I don't think I've ever found a blog to read from suggested blogs by bloglovin, they all seem to be very popular blogs and usually fashion or home niched ones and I don't find myself interested.

Emily

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I use bloglovin. I use it to read blogs though, not to find new ones. I also go to blogs I like and browse through the comments, like Kalliste. Occasionally I'll find new blogs via Instagram, as well.

Elfwink

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 am

Emily wrote:I use bloglovin. I use it to read blogs though, not to find new ones. I also go to blogs I like and browse through the comments, like Kalliste. Occasionally I'll find new blogs via Instagram, as well.
How do you find blogs via Instagram? I thought you could only see pictures.
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Emily

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Elfwink wrote:
Emily wrote:I use bloglovin. I use it to read blogs though, not to find new ones. I also go to blogs I like and browse through the comments, like Kalliste. Occasionally I'll find new blogs via Instagram, as well.
How do you find blogs via Instagram? I thought you could only see pictures.
You're right, but a lot of people I follow on Instagram have blogs. I normally go to the Explore tab, like some pictures, and check out profiles. If there's a blog link, I check it out! ^u^

Eirene

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

The book review widget I'm using has an option to display how many people follow my blog, so if I ever get interested in showing that, I'd probably use what I have already.

I used Bloglovin before too... but IDK I never really got on with it. Now I just check out people who comment on the blogs I read.

Nancy

Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:05 am

I saw HerCampus except my school doesn't have a chapter... And starting one or being highly involved in one seemed too much work. :$

BlogMatter was a really good concept! I'm bummed out the scripting isn't working out at the moment.

• Information