Loungeroom re-arrange

A place to discuss anything and everything.
Kalliste

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 am

For the first time since we've lived here (3 years) we decided to re-arrange our loungeroom. It seems so weird from my perspective (my computer is in the loungeroom-ish) to be looking over to the tv's new position.

We are planning on finally putting some prints we have on the wall behind the TV and maybe something behind the couch and some side tables next to the arms.If you couldn't notice we're not really big on decorating :D We'd like to but are so bad in deciding what should go where.

Do you guys have any ideas on some extra things we could add? The colours we've using at the moment are black, red and purple (out of shot we have a dark purple - wizard purple! - wall).
loungeroom1.jpg
loungeroom1.jpg (210.53 KiB) Viewed 148 times
loungeroom2.jpg
loungeroom2.jpg (179.83 KiB) Viewed 148 times

Hannah

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Love it! We have a similar TV stand, with the glass top. I'm jealous that yours has drawers underneath!

Adding prints on the walls will definitely help, but can you add curtains? Even if you keep them pulled open all the time they are a good way to add color. :) Some side tables (maybe just on the one side if there isn't enough room by the window) or a console table (or whatever they're called lol) behind the couch could help fill in empty space and give you a place to put your stuff that's on the floor (I'm guilty of this!).

Kalliste

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 am

I'd love to add curtains, they're so expensive though! I'd also love to do anything to get rid of those blinds :D I think the window is too big to have anything other than curtains or multiple blinds though which is a bit of a bummer.

And yes, I definitely need something so my bags aren't just plopped on the floor

Kya

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 am

That looks so brilliant! :D I adore the way that there is space around everything and you have a lot of room to move. I think the suggestion of curtains is a good one. Or even if you could get blinds that somehow matched. Maybe you could also have a large painting above the TV? Not sure if that would work or not, but finding one that incorporated the same colours would be brilliant. :D I don't know if this would be a good style: https://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/C ... ROOOCANRED
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Yvette

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:43 am

Hello I really like how the speakers are behind the sofa!
Hmm maybe you can shift the shelves to the back of the sofa, facing the wall behind, so there can be a little reading corner behind, separate from the TV. ^^

Kalliste

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 am

That's interesting Kya. At the moment we're thinking of this set of posters we have that are blueprints of sci fi spaceships. We have Galactica, the Tardis and Serenity. We just need to get them framed... that could be forever though :P

Thanks for the suggestions Yvette, we were thinking of putting something behind the couch (not necessarily the shelf but that could work. we did consider it to the right hand as a room divider. We were also thinking maybe of putting my desk and computer in the gap behind the couch. It might fit in there but I'd be a bit concerned about the sun getting in my eyes as it goes down in the afternoon. Maybe if we got those curtains :)

Kya

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 am

Kalliste wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 am
That's interesting Kya. At the moment we're thinking of this set of posters we have that are blueprints of sci fi spaceships. We have Galactica, the Tardis and Serenity. We just need to get them framed... that could be forever though :P

Thanks for the suggestions Yvette, we were thinking of putting something behind the couch (not necessarily the shelf but that could work. we did consider it to the right hand as a room divider. We were also thinking maybe of putting my desk and computer in the gap behind the couch. It might fit in there but I'd be a bit concerned about the sun getting in my eyes as it goes down in the afternoon. Maybe if we got those curtains :)
Zomg, that sounds so good. Dooooo it. >:)
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Kalliste

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 am

We now have the framing done... professional framing is so expensive! It was quite costly.

So now we're just deciding how/where to hang them and hanging them to relax the strings so they'll all hang evenly.

Kya

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

Kalliste wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 am
We now have the framing done... professional framing is so expensive! It was quite costly.

So now we're just deciding how/where to hang them and hanging them to relax the strings so they'll all hang evenly.
That's exciting. Even though professional framing costs so much, I am sure they look brilliant. :D

A useful tool is a stud finder, which makes sure you have the nail going into the board. But, if you are using the special nail/screw things that are for gyprock it should be cool. :upside_down_face:
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

• Information