OK then...

A place to discuss anything and everything.
Kalliste

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:15 am

I've been a mod of a TV forum for more than 2 years now. I'll admit, like many things, I haven't been doing my mod duties recently and definitely let that slip.

Today I realised that I had been de-modded when I couldn't access the mod section of the forum. They didn't message me or ask me if I was still interested or even to tell me that they had decided I'd no longer be a mod. Just removed it.

Initially I thought "well, that's reasonable.. I wasn't being very active. They could have told me though" and I put a post in one of the forums I modded to tell them I wasn't anymore.

That post and a couple of replies were deleted by the new mod... with no explanation. It makes me a bit sad and wonder whether I want to post there anymore. Also especially knowing that the mods on this forum aren't young. This isn't some sort of teenaged drama, they were mostly 40+.

I really like discussing shows there though so I probably will stay as a member but wonder how much of what i say will be censored :(

Kya

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:42 am

Even if you weren't able to moderate as much as you had in the past, it would have been nice to be notified that you were no longer one. So that you knew. :( It doesn't take much time just to send an email. I hope you can still be a member, especially since you have enjoyed discussing shows. I would think they wouldn't censor you, but you never know. :/
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

AdriCULOUS

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:00 am

Nice to see the forum back. Beautiful theme and wonderful job (as always), Kya. :)

That happened to me in one or two forums back in the last decade for two reasons. The first time I was de-modded, it was for the same reason as yours, Kalliste. The second time I was de-modded was for a rather stupid reason. I was accused of "deleting important files and leaking private info" in public because I was the only one who had access to their "test" site or something (it was some Asian-American forum community that no longer exists today), can't remember. One thing in common is that neither of them even notified me about the issues. The latter though, after I was being cleared and offered my mod position back, I refused and left the forum, out of frustration.

But I agree, it's rather sad and frustrating at the same time that the admin/owner of the forum (I personally would rather hear from the admin/owner instead of just the mods) would just let things get away without any concern. It also makes no sense why you're being scrutinized by that forum when you're hardly even active. -_-

Kalliste

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 am

I am active on the forum but not in a mod capacity. I don't go into their mod section very often just in the forums themselves. I really have no idea if that's the reason or not, it's just my suspicion. I can't think of anything else.

It is frustrating because how difficult is it to just message someone on a forum? It would take only a few minutes.

How silly that the forum accused you of doing that but never approached you about it.

AdriCULOUS

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:06 pm

On the other hand, the latter forum was getting to be "divided" anyway (members forming little cliques here and there, which also include some staff), and even though I tried to live through the mess that was going on there, I didn't feel that going back there was even worth it. I felt good right after and felt that I was ready to venture out on my own with forums to the point where I can run one myself. :yum:

Maroon Caludin

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 am

They could of at least messaged you. Especially about deleting your posts. Even just say why they were deleted.

I've de-modded people before but I usually send them a PM or something saying WHY.

Elfwink

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 am

That really sucks. I wish people on the internet would treat people like people. There's a living breathing person behind words on a screen.
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

• Information