So... what did you get for Christmas? (2015)

A place to discuss anything and everything.
Kalliste

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:08 am

birdie wrote:
Kalliste wrote:I got a Kindle Paperwhite (...).
A gadget which is definitely on my to-get-list. What do you think of it so far? I read e-books on an iPad and think it's ok, but I imagine that the Kindle is better on the eyes in the long run (plus, also a bit lighter weight wise?).
Yes, it's great. It takes a bit of getting used to the small size but the eink is excellent to read off of and because the screen is more of a matte consistency it doesn't have anywhere near as much glare as a tablet. I used to read on my iPad too but it used to drain the battery, was a lot heavier and had glare issues. I'd definitely recommend buying a Kindle (or any ereader). It can be a bit scary how easy it is to buy things though! One click and it's there for you to read and you forget you're actually spending money.
birdie wrote: As for my Christmas gifts, I got several packs of Flexmarkers
What are Flexmarkers? I googled them but I'm not quite sure, I'm guessing they are flexible in some way?

birdie

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 am

They are Promarkers (a Copics competitor) with a flexible tip, almost brush like. The other tip (other end) is a chisel tip, like the original Promarkers. :)

I love online shopping, and ebook shopping in particular! I mostly buy work related ebooks, though, so I feel I can defend it. ;) (Now, my paperback purchases, on the other hand..! >_< I still prefer "regular" books for fiction.)

Maroon Caludin

Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 am

kaelaskywalker wrote:
Maroon Caludin wrote:Let's see:

Lego Dimensions
Elves lego set
My Little Pony Power Ponies set
Water fountain
Angel pendulum
Back up charger
Dragon Ball figure
Super Sailor Moon figure
and other randoms stuff.
Whoaaahhhh! :) Yay to the Lego Dimensions, Lego Elves, and the MLP set. I'd looooove to own those!
Haha, yeah they're pretty awesome. XD I got a bit spoiled.

• Information