Random update

A place to discuss anything and everything.
birdie

Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:08 am

Haha, yes, I noticed the outer door slammed shut a couple of times, but luckily I am not easily spooked. :D

Kalliste

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:25 am

birdie wrote:Haha, yes, I noticed the outer door slammed shut a couple of times, but luckily I am not easily spooked. :D
I worked midnight to 8am for a while in a job and was the only one on during that time. During my first week I thought I'd watch the sunset because, why not right? Anyway it was gloomy and stormy the entire week so a little scarier than it could have been and at about 2am I noticed someone walking around the office (it was dark outside of my area so it was just a shape moving around) and I was freaking out about how they got in.

It turned out it was the cleaner.. she came in every night and no one thought they'd mention it. She scared the crap out of me :P

Kalliste

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:49 am

I applied for my first ever adult passport on Monday.. I am now $254 poorer but the application was approved and my passport has been dispatched. YAY!

Kya

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:58 am

Kalliste wrote:I applied for my first ever adult passport on Monday.. I am now $254 poorer but the application was approved and my passport has been dispatched. YAY!
AWESOME. :D I wish that they didn't cost so much. I have been meaning to get one, but the cost has put me off. Really glad that you got one! :k
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Kalliste

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:52 am

It is what put me off for ages too. I mean the little book doesn't feel like it's worth $250+ however I guess it does grant me access out of the country (which you also need to pay for..). My boyfriend and I are planning on going to NZ at the end of the year though so I needed to get it all sorted out and at least it is now done :) Plus there is going to be direct flights from Canberra to Wellington starting September so it's basically perfect timing :D

The worst thing, for me, about the whole passport thing was that you need to have a guarantor that signs one of your passport photos. the guarantor needs to have known you for at least 12 months, can't be related to you and can't live with you. They also need to have been on the electoral roll at their current address for at least 12 months.

I don't really know too many people IRL other than the people I work with so I had to suck up my embarrassment and ask a co worker if they'd sign it for me. Which, fortunately, they did :)

Kya

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 am

I have been busy with submitting an assessment. Hopefully I can catch up with some online stuff. xD
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Kalliste

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:22 am

Kya wrote:I have been busy with submitting an assessment. Hopefully I can catch up with some online stuff. xD
Good luck on both fronts :D

Vicky

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

I just got a new puppy ;u; so I've been pretty much doing nothing but staring at him.

Kalliste

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:26 am

Vicky wrote:I just got a new puppy ;u; so I've been pretty much doing nothing but staring at him.
So lucky! I'd love to see some photos. Puppy's are great but I don't really have the time to be a good parent to one right now :(

Vicky

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Kalliste wrote:
Vicky wrote:I just got a new puppy ;u; so I've been pretty much doing nothing but staring at him.
So lucky! I'd love to see some photos. Puppy's are great but I don't really have the time to be a good parent to one right now :(
I've been meaning to upload photos for a blog post, I'm just being super lazy, aha. But yeah, I've always wanted a puppy and never had the time or resources to be able to be a good parent. But now that I'm living with my boyfriend, I can split the responsibilities and costs, so it works out :3

• Information