Pixel bloglinks

A place to discuss anything and everything.
birdie

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:44 pm

From the confessions topic:
Silver wrote: i really miss those pixel cliques and tempted to suggest a bloglink with teacups for cupmb (...)
Sooo... should we just do it? :) I miss pixeling, I used to have a "cute pixel art" site back in the days. This was my site mascot:

annabelle sucks

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:02 pm

I visit Pixel Soup if I need any pixels - they do some really cute ones :)

AdriCULOUS

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm

I started learning how to do pixel art when I first joined Q*Bee some years ago. I made a few but haven't had the time anymore to make them. It was also one of my goals to create at least one site out of pixel art but never really gotten around it. ^^

Karin

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:04 am

AdriCULOUS wrote:I started learning how to do pixel art when I first joined Q*Bee some years ago. I made a few but haven't had the time anymore to make them. It was also one of my goals to create at least one site out of pixel art but never really gotten around it. ^^
I started out at the Q*Bee too :D Loved that place! I'm still sad it closed...

And I still have a section for pixel art on my site. Mostly my own creations, but also a page with "adopted" pixels from other sites. I know it's silly and untrendy but I can't bring myself to take it down.

If we were to have a pixel clique or something for Cup MB I'd be 110% for it :)

AdriCULOUS

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:36 am

Karin wrote:
I started out at the Q*Bee too :D Loved that place! I'm still sad it closed...

And I still have a section for pixel art on my site. Mostly my own creations, but also a page with "adopted" pixels from other sites. I know it's silly and untrendy but I can't bring myself to take it down.

If we were to have a pixel clique or something for Cup MB I'd be 110% for it :)
I remember you Karin! I still have my Q*Bee site too and I still keep all your pixel art that you made for my birthday whenever we had them hehe. Even though I haven't been as active myself, The Q*Bee had a very long history. Normally whenever a current queen bee no longer has the time to run it, she would normally pass it on to someone who would be willing to continue running it. I don't know if Jem is willing to do that though. I also miss Melissa as well. -_-

Kya

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:14 am

YES YES YES.
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Karin

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:08 am

AdriCULOUS wrote: I remember you Karin! I still have my Q*Bee site too and I still keep all your pixel art that you made for my birthday whenever we had them hehe. Even though I haven't been as active myself, The Q*Bee had a very long history. Normally whenever a current queen bee no longer has the time to run it, she would normally pass it on to someone who would be willing to continue running it. I don't know if Jem is willing to do that though. I also miss Melissa as well. -_-
Haha, yes, I was the "birthday bee" for the past few years! :D
I think it just became too much work when Jem had her kids and Melissa moved away to start her new career. I know they started a group on Facebook, but I don't think it's very active. Which is sad, I really miss the club. :/

AdriCULOUS

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:02 am

Karin wrote:
AdriCULOUS wrote: I know they started a group on Facebook, but I don't think it's very active. Which is sad, I really miss the club. :/
Last time I can recall, Melissa moved here to California for her career at Blizzard. Did she move out again?

Jem has gone through so much, I've been reading her blog as much as I can even though I haven't really had the time to comment. I'm not implying anything but if given the chance, we can revive it ourselves, just like in the old Q*Bee tradition. We don't even have to be the queen bees or anything like that, you know? ^_^

I couldn't find their Facebook group for some reason. Ah well. :(

• Information