Make extra money online?

A place to discuss anything and everything.
Erin.nu

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Anyone know of legitimate ways to make some extra money online? I do surveys, but it takes a really long time to earn enough points to cash in. My blog doesn't get many visitors anymore, so I don't think I could do anything relating to that. I used to sell on eBay, but transportation is an issue (shipping packages).

Elfwink

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:10 am

Can you learn to code or create graphics? While there are many people in non-English speaking countries who do this cheaply, some will appreciate the opportunity to communicate with a native English speaker.

Also look on Fiverr.com for some ideas. I have earned a few bucks leaving comments on people's websites. There are plenty of things people do for money, without leaving their house.
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Kalliste

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:30 am

Not necessarily online but you could see if there are any remote work part time jobs going. It seems like a fairly common thing in the US for tech support style roles to be remote (I'm so jealous!).

You could also sign up for Amazon Associates. It does rely on people buying things with your referral link though but, on the plus side, they don't have to buy the thing you linked, just something.

You could, if it were something you were interested in, start a youtube channel and see how you go making some money off that. That is obviously more of a long term thing though.

I took a look at fiverr.com Elfwink and I have no idea how that works :P Do people post things they want as well as people posting things they can do?

Elfwink

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:27 am

I really want to be a YouTuber, I just don't have the face/voice for it. (I sound too autistic - Not a joke, because I do have ASD traits.)
Kalliste wrote:I took a look at fiverr.com Elfwink and I have no idea how that works :P Do people post things they want as well as people posting things they can do?
Yes, it's mostly a marketplace of people offering to do odd jobs for $5 per 'unit'. There is also a board where people make requests.

Kalliste

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 am

[quote="Elfwink"]I really want to be a YouTuber, I just don't have the face/voice for it. (I sound too autistic - Not a joke, because I do have ASD traits.)

My boyfriend has a youtube channel (Jarrod's Tech) and he rarely shows himself. It is all voiceover stuff for now. In the beginning he didn't like having to listen to himself and didn't think he sounded very good but after a few months of doing it he feels more comfortable about how he sounds.

Maybe you could use it as an outlet to get more comfortable with how you sound. I have no idea how autism affects the way someone sounds but I'm sure there are others on youtube with things like lisps and other speech impediments which is one of the great things about youtube, anyone can give it a try.

One thing I enjoy with vloggers that I watch is the realness of their videos. One example is Bubz of Bubzbeauty who vlogged all through her pregnancy. She showed the reality of being pregnant and that it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I learnt things from her experience that many people don't seem to talk about. I just feel grateful that I have no interest in having kids :P they are hard!

Kalliste

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 am

Elfwink wrote:I really want to be a YouTuber, I just don't have the face/voice for it. (I sound too autistic - Not a joke, because I do have ASD traits.)
My boyfriend has a youtube channel (Jarrod's Tech) and he rarely shows himself. It is all voiceover stuff for now. In the beginning he didn't like having to listen to himself and didn't think he sounded very good but after a few months of doing it he feels more comfortable about how he sounds.

Maybe you could use it as an outlet to get more comfortable with how you sound. I have no idea how autism affects the way someone sounds but I'm sure there are others on youtube with things like lisps and other speech impediments which is one of the great things about youtube, anyone can give it a try.

One thing I enjoy with vloggers that I watch is the realness of their videos. One example is Bubz of Bubzbeauty who vlogged all through her pregnancy. She showed the reality of being pregnant and that it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I learnt things from her experience that many people don't seem to talk about. I just feel grateful that I have no interest in having kids :P they are hard![/quote]

Erin.nu

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:46 pm

I've checked out Fiverr, I really can't think of anything I could do. Unfortunately, there aren't many things I'm good at.

Kalliste

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:19 am

Have you considered using something like Coursera to improve your skills? They have such a wide range of stuff now.

Erin.nu

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Kalliste wrote:Have you considered using something like Coursera to improve your skills? They have such a wide range of stuff now.
I did go to college, I majored in web design. All that was taught was mostly just CSS and HTML. I didn't go for long, I only got an associate's degree. I have disabilities that affect my memory, so most of the things I learned, I have forgotten. I used to design my websites myself, but because I have forgotten it all, I use premade themes.

Elfwink

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Erin.nu wrote:
Kalliste wrote:Have you considered using something like Coursera to improve your skills? They have such a wide range of stuff now.
I did go to college, I majored in web design. All that was taught was mostly just CSS and HTML. I didn't go for long, I only got an associate's degree. I have disabilities that affect my memory, so most of the things I learned, I have forgotten. I used to design my websites myself, but because I have forgotten it all, I use premade themes.
If you start practicing again, I'm sure stuff will come back to you.

• Information