Make extra money online?

A place to discuss anything and everything.
Erin.nu

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:12 am

Elfwink wrote:
Erin.nu wrote:
Kalliste wrote:Have you considered using something like Coursera to improve your skills? They have such a wide range of stuff now.
I did go to college, I majored in web design. All that was taught was mostly just CSS and HTML. I didn't go for long, I only got an associate's degree. I have disabilities that affect my memory, so most of the things I learned, I have forgotten. I used to design my websites myself, but because I have forgotten it all, I use premade themes.
If you start practicing again, I'm sure stuff will come back to you.
I see the doctor next month, I want to start feeling better, then I might be more likely to do that. I have no issues customizing, I just get really stuck when it comes to actually making one.

mouse

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:57 am

I'm a member of a Book Review site called...Ugh, I don't remember. I'll find the information and edit this post. :/

Kya

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:51 am

Elfwink wrote:
Erin.nu wrote:
Kalliste wrote:Have you considered using something like Coursera to improve your skills? They have such a wide range of stuff now.
I did go to college, I majored in web design. All that was taught was mostly just CSS and HTML. I didn't go for long, I only got an associate's degree. I have disabilities that affect my memory, so most of the things I learned, I have forgotten. I used to design my websites myself, but because I have forgotten it all, I use premade themes.
If you start practicing again, I'm sure stuff will come back to you.
I have been practicing by making some really simple designs. I think it's good to try and start with small steps, because it can also help your confidence with what you are trying to do. <3
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Kalliste

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:08 am

I've also been practising and improving my skills by using codeschool.com it does have a free component but to get the most of it you'd need a paid subscription. I'm lucky enough to have my work pay for mine.

Liz

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:43 am

If you're up for doing small fixes on things, you might be able to find some peeps who need such -- anywhere from installing WordPress and/or moving WordPress (yes, really) to installing/upgrading WordPress plugins (or upgrading WordPress as a whole). Because a lot of people are scared to even touch their sites these days, it seems? Melyssa Griffin has a Facebook group entitled Blog + Biz BFFs, which has a thread on some days you can advertise yourself in. I've a love/hate relationship with it, but...I'm probz going to have a magazine gig (!!) thanks to said FB group, so I suppose it's not that bad.

birds tumble, chirp, eat;
winds make trees dance and shimmy;
nature is lovely.

crisstar

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Erin.nu wrote:Anyone know of legitimate ways to make some extra money online? I do surveys, but it takes a really long time to earn enough points to cash in. My blog doesn't get many visitors anymore, so I don't think I could do anything relating to that. I used to sell on eBay, but transportation is an issue (shipping packages).
Surveys can earn you money if you choose the ones that pay in cash, not in points. You can easily make at least $25/mo for about 30 minutes of work once per day (rough estimate). Not a whole lot of money, but it can add up if you spend a couple of hours. The big money is in getting referrals to these surveys sites. You can pull in enough money every month to pay your mortage/rent...and then some. You can use your blog to write about surveys, tips to doing them etc. Add your referral link and you'll get sign-ups literally on autopilot and generate a side income.

There are a lot of people who do dropshipping on both eBay and Amazon. I've done both. There are companies that will ship out products to your customers on your behalf - you don't even have to deal with shipping anything. All you have to do is create your listing on eBay/Amazon/Tripleclicks and then forward the orders to your dropshipping company and they ship it for you. You can do a Google search for more info on that.

Then there are online businesses, which is what I do that creates the bulk of my income. You can be an affiliate or sell your own products if you have one.

Hope this helps!

• Information