Currently reading

All things creative and entertaining.
Kalliste

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:48 am

Just finished the first three Series of Unfortunate Events books, I don't know how I feel about them. I'm wondering why the adults are so stupid and whether every book has the same style of plot line because it could get old pretty fast.

Now onto Galax-Arena by Gillian Rubinstein:
Before The Hunger Games—even before Battle Royale—there was the Galax-Arena, where children are pitted against each other for the benefit of a shadowy audience that feeds on their fear. A Children's Book Council of Australia Honour Book for Older Readers, Galax-Arena is a dark, uncompromising thriller and a cult classic.

Joella, her brother Peter and her sister Liane, are kidnapped and transported to become entertainers for an alien species. Many of the performing children are desaparecidos—the disappeared—kidnapped from third world slums and chosen for their extraordinary gymnastic ability. For the children, there is only one escape from the Galax-Arena: out of the door and into death.

pauline

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:09 pm

I just finished Amy Poehler's Yes Please, which I really liked! It's like a self-help book inside a memoir.

Now I'm on to reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Only a few chapters in, but I like it so far.

Kalliste

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:16 am

I finished 1984 by Orwell today.. have to say I wasn't overly impressed.

Maroon Caludin

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:39 pm

"Extreme Teen Bible"

"Conversations with God Book 1" by Neale Donald Walsch

Kalliste

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:48 am

I decided to read The Secret Garden, I used to love the old movie (I don't even know when it was made) and thought I'd see how the book is. I'm quite enjoying it!

kaelaskywalker

Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:56 am

Kalliste wrote:I decided to read The Secret Garden, I used to love the old movie (I don't even know when it was made) and thought I'd see how the book is. I'm quite enjoying it!
Oohh when I was younger, I loved the movies- both the live action and the animated one. :) I decided to pick up the book back in Elementary school too because we had a Secret Garden play and I was Mary Lennox. Now that you mentioned it, I should def reread it one of these days.

----

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han

Maroon Caludin

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:04 am

kaelaskywalker wrote:
Kalliste wrote:I decided to read The Secret Garden, I used to love the old movie (I don't even know when it was made) and thought I'd see how the book is. I'm quite enjoying it!
Oohh when I was younger, I loved the movies- both the live action and the animated one. :) I decided to pick up the book back in Elementary school too because we had a Secret Garden play and I was Mary Lennox. Now that you mentioned it, I should def reread it one of these days.

----

I used to love that movie! I remember having a neat picture book from it that came with a cute key necklace. Wish I still had it. >_> Read the novel of it some years back and loved it.

Kalliste

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:54 am

Maroon Caludin wrote:
kaelaskywalker wrote:

----

I used to love that movie! I remember having a neat picture book from it that came with a cute key necklace. Wish I still had it. >_> Read the novel of it some years back and loved it.
That's how I feel about my old illustrated Alice in Wonderland. It was illustrated by Anthony Browne and was just so beautiful. I don't know what ever happened to that book, so sad.

kaelaskywalker

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:25 am

Just finished "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart (highly recommended)

Now reading "The Wrath and the Dawn" by Renee Ahdieh

Kalliste

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:44 am

Recently started The Mourning After which is quite sad so far but also very well written. Enjoying it at this point.

• Information