Currently reading

All things creative and entertaining.
mouse

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:47 am

In Progress:
  • Dream Home: The Property Brothers' Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect Home - Jonathan & Drew Scott
  • Property of a Noblewoman - Danielle Steel
To Be Read/Checked Out:
  • The Nest - Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
  • Who Do You Love - Jennifer Weiner
  • City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
  • City of Glass - Cassandra Clare
  • City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
I've also got a half-dozen books on order from the library. :q I'm trying to make some progress on my Reading Goal of 300 books.

Kalliste

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:52 am

Not Cinderella's Type - Jenni James

It's a modern adaptation of Cinderella, it's also terrible. I'm persevering to see where it goes but currently I just find myself rolling my eyes every 5 seconds

lucymorningstar

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:31 pm

I've just finished Neil Gaiman - The Sandman #2 and am starting #3

Kalliste

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:06 pm

A Pledge of Silence
When Margie Bauer joins the Army Nurse Corps in 1941, she is delighted to be assigned to Manila—the Pearl of the Orient. Though rumors of war circulate, she feels safe—the island is fortified, the airbases are ample, and the Filipino troops are well-trained.

But on December 8, 1941, her dream world shatters. Captured by the invading Japanese, Margie ends up interned at Santa Tomas, an infamous prison camp. There, for the next three years, while enduring brutality and starvation, her bravery, resourcefulness, and faith are tested and her life forever changed.

At once an epic tale of a nation at war and the deeply personal story of one woman’s journey through hell, A Pledge of Silence vividly illustrates the sacrifices the Greatest Generation made for their country, and the price they continued to pay long after the war was over.

kaelaskywalker

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Shi

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 am

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
Sandman Overture by Neil Gaiman

On the mommy side, What to Expect the First Year (my daughter just turned four months) :)
Shi - Honor & Blood
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

kaelaskywalker

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Kalliste

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 am

kaelaskywalker wrote:Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
What did you think of it? I had it recommended to me, I found it ok but not fantastic.

I'm currently reading The Martian (yes I'm late on the Martian train :D) which is great so far. I can see why they decided to make a movie based on it which I'll probably watch once I finish this.

nadine

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:11 pm

I just started on light novels recently because it took me forever to watch sword art online (all the hype!) and I really liked the first half of season 1 and really enjoyed the first volume of the light novel (which is the original work of the series)

ana35

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 pm

The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day and E.L. James' 50 Shades Trilogy + Grey....again. :yum: :heart_eyes:

• Information