CMS Script for simple blog

Want to chat or get help with website coding and design?
Maroon Caludin

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:46 am

Been kinda going back and forth with this. Debating between switching from wordpress to something much simpler. I kinda wanna go back to the simpler kind of blogging.

Back in the day I had used cute news (though I always hear its very insecure), and I had used fusion news, but that's not around anymore. I have ready made layouts and such for my blog (old ones I had used) and would like something similar that I can use with those. Honestly I really only need the script on the main page for my blogging.

I've tried poking around but I just end up more confused. XD

Anyway, suggestions?

Elfwink

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:14 am

Heard of Wolf CMS? I currently use it for my portfolio website/blog (you don't need to have sidebar on the left, you can lay it out any way you like). Best thing about is that you only need to make one HTML/CSS template. I find it really easy to make themes for it.
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Vicky

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Oooh Wolf CMS looks interesting. I've also been considering using something a little simpler. I love Wordpress, but sometimes I wish I could customize it more, and it looks like Wordpress has become so much more advanced than what I remember back in the day...

Susanne

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:41 pm

What host are you using, and are you limited to php scripts?
I think Ghost is really nice, but you need to be more or less developer to install it, or use A small orange for hosting (they have a nice one-click-installer).
Anchor CMS is a nice php script but it has some limitations.

Liz

Tue May 03, 2016 3:42 am

For what it's worth, Cutenews UTF-8 is the 'more secure' version of Cutenews. TCGs have been using it for years, and the ones that get hacked tend to get hacked because of a forum software or some other loophole.

birds tumble, chirp, eat;
winds make trees dance and shimmy;
nature is lovely.

ana35

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm still using FusionNews and FanUpdate because, even if the scripts are no longer being developed, they still work flawlessly for me.
Cutenews's development is quite steady with a new version coming at least once a year so, as long as you monitor the comments for spam, you can safely keep using it. :)

Susanne

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:29 am

Lately I've been using a small flat-file PHP platform named Bludit. it's really nice, easy to use, easy to backup (just moving files). You write in markdown which I love, and if you're good with PHP you can easily write plugins if you need more features.

• Information