No links page?

Want to chat or get help with website coding and design?
Elfwink

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:29 pm

I've noticed that some of the blogs I frequently visit don't (or no longer have) links pages.

I know having your affiliates/blogroll in your sidebar is bad for SEO.

But I'm curious: What are your reasons for not having a links page?
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Liz

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:16 am

I don't think it's bad for SEO, but more bloggers are going without one because they don't want people to leave their sites/want them on there longer. It's funny, because that's exactly why I have a links page. Usually, the blogs on a blogroll are what the blogger reads/similar to the blogger's interests, and that helps me find more blogs I like...because people rarely link to other bloggers in their posts.

birds tumble, chirp, eat;
winds make trees dance and shimmy;
nature is lovely.

Aigoo

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:44 am

I just feel like it was redundant having it on my sidebar and on a separate links page. Besides, I wanted to cut down the blog clutter, so that's why I got rid of mine. I am not interested in the whole SEO thing, anyway.
~ TC
Blog | Twitter

Maroon Caludin

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:26 pm

I don't think I ever bothered too much with having a links page. Should probably. Lots of sites I would love to share.

Nancy

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 am

I considered removing my blogroll because I like to keep it relevant to my interest- but a couple of people got pretty angry that I took them off for personal reasons. I love bloggers, but the bad apples tick me off @___@.

Fayeth

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 pm

I don't because I'm lazy, partially. I also don't interact with other bloggers the way I used to, when I did have a links page. I'm sort of out of the loop and not sure how to rectify that.
"Trouble's just a bubble and the clouds will soon roll by..."

• Information