Free hosting providers [list]

Discuss domain names and hosting providers.
ana35

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Kya wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 am
If you need free hosting for your website, this list may just help. If you know of another free host, please let us know!
Update on the list.

- LittleDancer has been dead for a while - nobody ever replied back when I tried to contact them.
- Pinkwish has become Sugarkiss.org - and it's still very good. ;)
- Done My Way only offers 200MB disk space, which is something good for the 2000s - and when I used it years ago my application came a month later.
- ThreeWords Host hasn't been free for a while.

New free hosts.

- Quixotic.plasteeq.net
- Firewish.net
- Glittersweet.net
- EMNHosting
- Leprd.space

The first three require Facebook - owners want to be contacted there....very childish, since not all world has Facebook. :/

Kalliste

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 am

A agree on the requirement of Facebook... I have it but it's not something I use regularly. Also, those top 3 have layouts that look like they're from 15 years ago. Like a blast from the past :D And they all offer sub domain hosting! Did I just jump in a time machine? :D

Heather

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:14 pm

I've recently opened up free hosting for blogs at my blog :) http://blog.ruby-wings.net

Nancy

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 am

When there are *free* web hosting providers, how much do you expect to get free?

I saw someone complaining that 500mb is not enough. At the same time, it is free to begin with and people act so entitled to free web hosting.

Share your thoughts :)

Susanne

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I wouldn't expect anything with free hosting unless it was offered by a good friend. Otherwise I wouldn't dare to use free hosting because I'd except the service to close down at any time.

Aigoo

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am

Nancy wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 am
When there are *free* web hosting providers, how much do you expect to get free?

I saw someone complaining that 500mb is not enough. At the same time, it is free to begin with and people act so entitled to free web hosting.

Share your thoughts :)
If it's free, it's free. If you don't like the condition, then . . . I guess you'll have to buy your hosting???

I would be thankful for whatever I can get for free :) But I wanted to be in control of my own websites and hosting, so that's why I chose to get paid hosting.
~ TC
Blog | Twitter

• Information