Changing lekku.org to lekku.net

Discuss domain names and hosting providers.
Elfwink

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:35 am

Just a heads up for you all. :) Because '.net' was available, and I've decided that '.org' doesn't sound right - even though not everyone uses it for clubs and organisations.

How important do you think is the extension (TLD) on the domain name?
You are important. Seize the day.
- Blog: Lekku

Kya

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:38 pm

That's great you could get the .net version. :D

Honestly, I find it hard to say now. Things are changing with the TLDs and it might different world again when .blog finally drops. I always try and get a standard TLD if I can. :)
Image Kya
kya.nu - @up

Karin

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 am

Nice, I've always liked .net :)

If you have a business I believe it's important to have a fairly "normal" TLD as your main. The good old .com indicates that you're serious and official, so to speak. Also, lots of people will try putting yourcompanyname.com into their address bar first, before googling.

For personal projects like blogs and such it doesn't matter at all, getting creative with the new TLD's can also be a good way for people to remember you. But .org does look a bit odd for anything other than clubs and organizations IMO. Sure, not everyone use it for that, but that's still where my mind goes when I see .org.

Erin.nu

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Kya wrote:That's great you could get the .net version. :D

Honestly, I find it hard to say now. Things are changing with the TLDs and it might different world again when .blog finally drops. I always try and get a standard TLD if I can. :)
I wonder how long it will be before .blog comes out. I'd love to get erin.blog but that might be difficult.

mouse

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:45 pm

I'd also like to get a .blog - perhaps dear.blog? IDK My personal thought on choosing the extension for your site is that it depends on what you're using it for, and how it sounds. I've had both a .net and a .org - I also currently own a .xyz and a .tk.

• Information